How to keep your glass shower screen clean…
Monaro Screens is pleased to be able to offer our customers the outstanding new VITROglaze technology.
- The seemingly smooth surface of glass consists of microscopic ridges and valleys which creates a favourable environment for the build-up of contaminants such as soap scum, hard water deposits and grime.
- In time the glass surface will visibly dull and become difficult to clean.
- This will result in high maintenance and premature replacement costs due to deterioration.
- VITROglaze is a permanent nano-coating that fuses with the glass, and prevents the adhesion and build-up of contaminants onto the glass surface.
- It also provides water and oil repellent properties.
- Working similar to non-stick cookware, your glass becomes easier to clean, without the need of hard chemicals.
What is VITROglaze?
VITROglaze is breakthrough in glass protection application for shower screens, windows, splashbacks, tiles & other non-porous surfaces
How VITROglaze works
Glass is not as smooth as it seems.
The seemingly smooth surface of glass contains microscopic ridges and valleys that create a favourable environment for the buildup of contaminants like soap scum, hard water deposits and grime.
In time, the glass surface will visibly dull and become difficult to clean. This will result in high maintenance and premature replacement costs due to deterioration.
The VITROglaze advantage
Vitroglaze is a permanent coating that will prevent the adhesion and buildup of contaminants onto the glass surface. It also provides water and oil repellent properties.
Working similar to non-stick cookware your glass becomes easier to clean without the need for harsh chemicals.
VITROglaze® has been designed to protect any silica based surface such as glass, granite, porcelain, and ceramic tiles, and significantly reduces the time and effort required to maintain these surfaces by up to 90%.
Most people find shower doors in their home are the biggest problem to keep looking clean. The build up of soaps, chemicals and water residue often leaves them with a cloudy appearance. Vitroglaze can restore the original clarity on your shower doors, giving them the appearance of looking brand new. What’s more it keeps them looking that way.
Splashbacks end up with all manner of water, soap, and oil residue. When cleaned, they often retain a ’smeared’ appearance. Keep your splash backs looking pristine, with Vitroglaze protection.
Ease of Cleaning
The following maintenance is recommended to maintain the pristine appearance of your treated glass:
• If applied to a shower screen – surfaces need to be cleaned each week using a damp microfibre cloth and Vitroclean to remove any soap scum, dirt or grime from the surface.
• The use of harsh chemicals especially acid-based products of pH 6 or less and alkaline based products of pH 9 or more will have adverse affect to the treated surface.
• For areas with hard water due to high mineral deposits that can cause limescale – A solution of 1 part white vinegar and 4 parts water should be sprayed onto the glass and allowed to soak for 3 – 5 minutes. Re-spray the glass with the vinegar solution and then wipe firmly with a microfibre cloth. A stronger dilution of vinegar to water can be used if needed.
• In extreme hard water areas – We recommended using the vinegar / water solution (listed above) once a week to reduce this builds up on the surface.
• Never use abrasive products to clean the glass. VitroglazeTM is chemically bonded to the glass however persistent use of abrasives will remove the surface of the glass
Cleaning Your Shower
The warmer the water, the greater the surface tension and spotting, therefore shower screens require a little more maintenance than other applications like windows or glass balustrades.
We recommend two methods that will keep your glass looking like new.
1. After taking a shower, dry the glass using either a squeegee (available in store) or a dry cloth. This will help to keep your shower looking pristine and will mean you do not have to clean the glass so often. Or…
2. Don’t dry the shower glass after each use but clean it more often. However, by not drying the glass each time spotting may occur. The VITROglaze™ coating makes spots easy to remove but cleaning may be required each week, depending on water quality.
It’s so easy! If any marks are hard to remove just repeat the process.
To clean the outside of the shower use any normal glass cleaner.